The Key to Stress Free Body
It is indeed a must for busy people to take a break and unwind after a long and stressful day of work and activities. There are so many ways on how to get rid of stress and one of the most popular things that people do is to have a massage therapy session.
What Is A Massage Therapy?
A massage therapy is the way of controlling the soft tissues of the body such as tendons, muscles, ligaments, joints and the connective tissues. It also helps to alleviate discomfort like stress, chronic pain condition and over use muscles. Massage therapy also enhances people’s health and over all well being. There are many massage therapy procedures to choose from and they are called modalities. A massage therapy should only be provided by a certified massage therapist. They have the proper education and training for this kind of activity. There are many types of massage, and two best fundamentals of it are the following:
- Rehabilitative massage. This is also known as the medical, clinical or therapeutic or deep tissue massage. This is being done in places like hospitals, chiropractic offices and clinics.
- Relaxation massage. This is popularly known as the Swedish massage which is being done in places like wellness centers, resorts and spas.
Benefits of Massage therapy
There were many benefits that a massage therapy can give to people. It is a big help to those people who doesn’t have the time to relax when they are at work or doing some busy tasks at home. Everyone deserves a massage therapy so here are the benefits people can get from a massage therapy:
- Massage therapy relieve stress – having a stress-free body is the key in achieving a healthy lifestyle. Massage therapy can lower heart rate, insulin and cortisol levels. If a person is stress free they can do whatever they want to do.
- Massage therapy encourages relaxation – reset, relax and repeat. Massage is proven to help the body to have a recovery and rest mode. This is an effect after a massage therapy session.
- Massage therapy helps manage pain – a massage therapy has a healing effect to the body. By the methods being applied, they can normally eliminate painful things in the body and gives some sort of comfort.
- Massage therapy improve flexibility and range of motion – as people age, their joints tighten. Making the range of motion much restricted. Through the help of massage therapy people can be flexible and injury-free.
- Massage therapy relaxes muscles – are you suffering from muscle, neck or back pain? Massage can alleviate muscles pain as it deeply gets into the root of the pain.
- Massage therapy lowers blood pressures – massage therapy is one natural way of avoiding high blood pressure. A massage can help decrease both the systolic and diastolic blood pressure. It also decreases urinary and salivary cortisol stress hormone levels.
- Massage Therapy Helps Lift Depression – massage therapy can decrease the causes of depression which are hostility and anxiety.
- Massage Therapy for Insomnia – when the body is relaxed, it will function very well. People can have good sleep at night after a massage therapy because all stress and anxieties were taken out of the body during the session.
Those are the benefits of massage therapy in the body. People deserve a chance to relax and unwind so enjoy all the benefits of massage therapy to attain healthy living.
Check out our variety of massage services for massage therapy