- Giving birth requires a lot of the energy to deliver the baby from a mother. Therefore, a woman feels pain all over her body particularly the abdomen, hips, and the lower and upper back. This massage helps to increase the blood flow and the oxygen throughout your muscles as well as in eliminating toxins.
- Restores the body. Following pregnancy and after delivery, the body of woman often undergoes a lot of changes that a woman might not find normal. Postnatal massage treatment, therefore, assist to re adjust the body so as to return back to the non-pregnant state. This will not only facilitate healing but will also establish the pelvic structure. Slimming massage technique will also tone and flatten the abdominal muscles.
- During the massage, the body releases oxytocin that triggers the let-down of reflex that releases the milk from the breast of the mother. This means a breast massage will help open up any blocked milk duct on the breast, loosen the hard areas and prevent the risk of mastitis. However, vigorous massage on the breast should be avoided since it can do more harm than good to the mother.
- Post natal massage also supports and relaxes the mother. This means that the mother gets the opportunity to relax in between the rigors of baby care that come with giving birth. A relaxed mother means a relaxed bay. This will reduce anxiety, boost the energy levels and minimize the feelings that might come due to stress.
- If a mother delivers through caesarean section, this special massage can also help speed up the recovery period that comes with this. Although the mother should steer clear of the wound as long as it has not healed, gentle massage of the area around the wound will increase blood supply and assist with the internal healing of the body.
- The stroking and kneading action can help in toning and tightening the stretched muscles, especially the tummy and also helps mothers to get back to their pre-pregnancy shape.
- It helps your body to release endorphins, which acts as pain killers.
- Reducing spasms, cramps and aches. It can also reduce the risk of developing postpartum depression. Massage is a good mood enhancer and stress buster.
When can I start the post natal massage?
For natural delivery, you may start after 2 to 3 days after you have discharged from hospital and settle down at your own sweet home.
For caesarean, you may have to wait for at least 3 to 4 weeks after the wound is recovered and best to get clearance from your gynaecologist.
Are your therapists certified?
All our therapists are certified as post natal massage needs specific knowledge and skills.
There is no time limit mentioned in the package. How long is the session?
It is estimate 75 to 90 minutes depends on the body conditions and the first three sessions might be slightly longer.
Does your package include binding?
Yes absolutely !
Do I need to prepare anything prior to the appointment?
If you book the appointment without portable massage bed, you need to prepare a mattress, 2 large towels (suggested can cover the full body) and 2 small towels (the size of face towels is sufficient).
If you book the package with portable massage bed, you need to sit back and relax. Nothing to be prepared as our therapist will bring all the equipments to your place.
Any hidden cost?
Yes, if you are staying at Sentosa Island, there will be additional $25 per trip. Other than this, our price listed are nett price.